REPUTABLE NEW JERSEY ATTORNEY LITIGATES SERIOUS MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
Motorcyclists are uniquely vulnerable on the road and especially so when other drivers are reckless behind the wheel. At the Law Office of Ellman & Associates in Medford, New Jersey, I advocate aggressively for the rights of injured motorcycle riders. Having represented personal injury plaintiffs in New Jersey since 1989, I possess a thorough understanding of the laws and considerations relevant to motorcycle accident victims. I will go after negligent parties in pursuit of the financial compensation you need to pay your immediate and long-term accident costs.
ASSERTIVE NEW JERSEY LITIGATOR HELPS MOTORCYCLE RIDERS PROVE DRIVER LIABILITY
Whereas most New Jersey drivers have personal injury protection (PIP) insurance that pays the medical costs of their accident no matter who is at fault, PIP rarely covers the medical expenses of motorcyclists or their passengers. A New Jersey motorcyclist injured in an accident will need to prove another driver's negligence in order to have a valid third-party insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Another driver may be found partially or completely at fault for an accident if he or she failed to exercise a reasonable standard of care, putting other people on the road at risk. Some forms of negligence that may contribute to a motorcycle accident include:
- Distracted driving —Typing and reading text messages are two common forms of dangerous, distracted driving that happen all too frequently. A driver who takes their attention off the road may hit a motorcyclist or cause them to swerve and crash.
- Keeping an unsafe distance — A driver who tailgates or merges ahead too close to a motorcycle can create a risk of a rear-end accident.
- Making unsafe lane change — A failure to check blind spots or mirrors might send a car directly into the path of a motorcycle. When an unsafe lane change occurs at high speed, a motorcyclist has little chance to avoid a collision.
- Right-of-way error — Some car drivers don't consider motorcyclists to have the same rights to the road as they do. Whether by mistake or by aggression, a driver who does not respect a motorcyclist's rights puts the rider in grave danger.
- Mechanical issue — If a defective part or poor mechanical service contributes to an accident, a lawsuit against the motorcycle manufacturer or mechanic may be necessary to obtain compensation.
As your attorney, I will carefully examine the accident report, your medical records and evidence from the scene to put together a case demonstrating the other driver's negligence. During the settlement negotiation or trial phase, I may bring in outside experts to strengthen your case.
DETERMINED ADVOCATE SEEKS FULL COMPENSATION FOR A RANGE OF INJURIES
Because motorcycles offer riders so little protection, accidents can often result in serious and sometimes catastrophic injuries. Among the most common injuries suffered by motorcyclists are:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Paralysis and other spinal cord injuries
- Skull fractures and other head trauma
- Fractured limbs and appendages
- Soft tissue injuries and organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Road rash
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
No matter what type of injury you've suffered, you are likely to face mounting medical bills, lost income from not being able to work, repair costs for your bike, and significant pain and suffering. I will seek the full, fair damages you deserve when your accident involved another driver's negligence. When a motorcycle collision causes the tragic death of a family member, I am prepared to represent the estate in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Contact a committed New Jersey motorcycle accident litigator today
Serving all of New Jersey since 1989, the Law Office of Steven Ellman represents bikers and passengers hurt in motorcycle accidents. To schedule your free initial consultation, call (609) 721-7324 or contact me online.