Experienced New Jersey Criminal Defense Lawyer Handles Complex Cases
ACCOMPLISHED DEFENSE ATTORNEY FACES OFF WITH PROSECUTORS
The steps you take after an arrest in New Jersey can impact your personal life and family, career and educational opportunities, and financial well-being for many years to come. At the Law Office of Steven Ellman, APC in Marlton, my priority is to protect your rights and help you move toward a more stable future. With decades of experience defending New Jersey clients, I aggressively fight misdemeanor and felony charges of all kinds. As your attorney, I will be by your side through every step of the criminal justice process.
STRATEGIC LAWYER OPPOSES SERIOUS CRIMINAL CHARGES
If you’ve been charged with a crime, it’s important to have a strong defense. My law firm represents individuals alleged to have committed crimes such as:
- DWI — I challenge the legitimacy of traffic stops and arrests for clients accused of driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. I may be able to have charges dropped or reduced to result in lesser penalties.
- Drug crimes — The harshness of penalties available for possession, cultivation or distribution of an illicit substance depends on the type and amount of the substance involved, as well as the defendant’s intent. I dispute unjust claims by law enforcement officers, and ask the court for minimal punishments for first-time offenders.
- Violent crimes — If you are suspected of committing assault, domestic violence, robbery or another violent crime, you face the possibility of years in prison. I will carefully review the details of your case before developing a detailed defense.
- Sex crimes — When someone claims that you forced a sexual act upon them without their consent, it is crucial that a court hears your side of the story. My goal will be to keep you from needing to register as a sex offender or serve time in prison.
- Theft — Theft can be a misdemeanor or felony crime. Stealing a car is more serious than shoplifting a pair of jeans, but you don’t want either on your criminal record. I will work to prevent a conviction for the charges filed against you.
- Traffic offenses — I have obtained many favorable outcomes on behalf of drivers ticketed for serious traffic violations, helping my clients avoid major fines, loss of driving privileges, points on their license and jail time. I present a vigorous defense no matter the charge, from speeding to leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
To develop a legal strategy aimed at your best possible outcome, I will carefully examine the charges filed as well as your arrest report and the evidence on file.
RESPECTED NEW JERSEY COUNSELOR DEFENDS MINORS ACCUSED OF JUVENILE OFFENSES
When you are a parent, there is nothing more important than helping your child toward a safe and healthy future. If your kid makes a serious mistake or falls in with the wrong crowd, an allegation of juvenile delinquency can give him or her the wake-up call needed to get back on the right path. I defend minors accused of delinquency in the form of shoplifting, assault, disorderly conduct, drug possession, gang activity and other illegal acts. I provide careful, thorough advice, guidance and advocacy to minors and their parents as they navigate New Jersey’s juvenile justice system.
Contact a hardworking criminal defense attorney for a free consultation
At the Law Office of Steven Ellman, APC in Marlton, New Jersey, I defend adults and minors charged with criminal offenses. My clients only pay an attorney fee when I deliver a successful case result. To schedule your free initial consultation with my office, call 609-297-5657 or contact me online.