Experienced New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Fights for Compensation
COMMITTED NEW JERSEY INJURY LAWYER REPRESENTS CLIENTS IN BURLINGTON COUNTY
When it comes to choosing a personal injury attorney, experience matters. I have fiercely advocated on behalf of injured New Jerseyans since establishing the Law Office of Steven Ellman, APC, in 1989. While my clients navigate the confusion, anger and sorrow that come after an accident or malicious attack, I handle the heavy lifting of pursuing compensation from negligent parties. As your attorney, I will develop a legal strategy aimed at obtaining the best possible outcome for your case. Powered by evidence and skilled litigation tactics, I have helped clients favorably settle or win numerous New Jersey civil court cases.
HARDWORKING New Jersey ACCIDENT ATTORNEY HOLDS NEGLIGENT PARTIES ACCOUNTABLE
If your injury resulted from the negligent actions of another person, you have a right to seek compensation. Proving negligence is essential to proving liability. Negligence is the failure to exercise a degree of care expected of a reasonable person. A person may be negligent if he or she caused injury while breaking the law, lashing out aggressively or taking any other number of actions that created a risk of injury.
Under New Jersey’s modified comparative negligence law, a plaintiff can collect compensation from a negligent defendant (or defendants) as long as the plaintiff is not more negligent than the defendant(s). When plaintiffs are found to be partially at fault for their injuries, their damage amount will be reduced by the percentage of fault they bear.
Numerous factors go into calculating damages following an accident. To determine a figure for how much compensation my clients deserve, I consider the short-term and long-term costs of medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, and property damage, among other losses. Insurance companies often try to persuade accident victims to reach an early settlement, but an experienced lawyer can ensure you seek an amount your situation deserves.
RESPECTED PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM REPRESENTS AUTO ACCIDENT VICTIMS
New Jersey imposes a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. Therefore, it is crucial to contact a personal injury attorney promptly after an accident. Prompt action also helps preserve crucial evidence and possible witnesses. I represent people injured in a wide range of vehicular accidents:
- Car accidents — In New Jersey, you typically need to file a claim with your auto insurance company to be compensated for medical bills and other financial losses following a car accident, no matter who caused the crash. If your insurer tries to deflect liability or offers a lowball settlement, I will fight for a fair settlement. Under certain circumstances, I may also be able to file a third-party claim with the other driver’s insurance company or pursue a personal injury lawsuit against that driver.
- Motorcycle accidents — Injuries from a motorcycle accident may require years of rehabilitation and care. I demand justice for my clients and strive to make sure that bias against bikers doesn’t affect your case.
- Truck accidents — A trucker who is inexperienced, fatigued or distracted is a serious hazard to other drivers on the road. I go head to head with powerful trucking companies and their lawyers after truck accidents.
- Dog bites — New Jersey dog owners can be held liable for damages when their dogs bite other people. I use medical records, witness statements and other forms of evidence to prove the extent of a victim’s suffering.
- Traumatic brain injury — A brain injury can seriously alter a person’s ability to live life independently. I consult medical experts to determine the amount of compensation a TBI victim will need to manage their long-term costs.
- Wrongful death — If you lost a loved one in a tragic event for which another person is liable, I will work diligently to hold the responsible party accountable. I file wrongful death actions on behalf of estate representatives.
I draw on decades of experience to deliver skilled representation to clients in each and every case. I also seek satisfactory compensation settlements and verdicts for people hurt in slip and fall accidents, malpractice incidents and other devastating injury events.
Contact an accomplished New Jersey personal injury attorney for a free initial consultation
At the Law Office of Steven Ellman, APC in Marlton, New Jersey, I represent plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits after auto accidents and other incidents involving negligence. To schedule a free initial consultation, call my office at 609-297-5657 or contact me online.