New Jersey lawmakers have passed traffic laws to punish drivers convicted of traffic violations. The point system can leave you unable to legally drive. If you are facing charges for a traffic violation, you have the right to defend yourself against the charges.
If you accumulate 12 points or more, your driving privileges will be revoked. If you receive six or more points over a three-year period, you will be forced to pay an annual fee and will face much higher premiums for your auto insurance.
The Right Lawyer Matters
The skills and experience of your traffic violation attorney play an important role in the outcome of your case. At Law Office of Steven Ellman, your case will be in the hands of an attorney with 35 years of experience, and a rare level of dedication to his clients. As a trial-tested lawyer, he is confident when presenting your defense in court, and has a remarkable record of positive case outcomes.
See for yourself by contacting the firm today at (609) 293-4556.
35 Years of Experience
Trial-Tested Legal Representation
Board-Certified DUI Defense Attorney
He was a calming and confident presence in court and always explained the process well. I was represented better than I could have ever imagined.- Christopher M.
Defense for Traffic Violations in Newark and Cape May
The types of traffic violations that add points to your license, whether in New Jersey, or while driving in another state, include but are not limited to:
- Improper Passing
- Failure to Yield to a Pedestrian in Crosswalk
- Driving Through a Safety Zone
- Highway Racing
- Failure to Obey Directions of Officer
- Failure to Observe Traffic Signals
- Improper Passing of a School Bus
- Wrong-Way Driving
- Improper Passing in a No Passing Zone
- Reckless Driving
- Careless Driving
- Unsafe Driving
- Use of a Handheld Cellphone While Driving
- Improper Turns
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Driving Without Insurance
- Leaving the Scene
Your case is unique, and we will treat it as such. The first step in defending against a traffic violation is to retain legal representation from an attorney with extensive experience in court. The types of defense actions that could help you avoid losing your license, paying increased insurance rates, and owing fines and penalties include:
- Contesting the facts: The evidence presented against you could be challenged in court, whether by proving a radar gun was faulty, or another approach.
- Pursuing a lesser charge: A reduced charge will involve fewer points, with less serious consequences.
- Seeking a dismissal of charges: If the evidence can be successfully challenged, the judge may dismiss the charges against you.
Call at (609) 293-4556 today for a free case evaluation. We offer legal representation in English, Spanish, and Thai.
If you were pulled over for a traffic violation, don’t wait to retain the services of a talented, experienced attorney who will evaluate your case and seek out any option to help you retain your legal right to drive.
Contact our Medford traffic violation attorney at Law Office of Steven Ellman at (609) 293-4556 for assistance. Payment plans available.